Sunday, September 21, 2014

Soccer!

 We signed the kids up for soccer!  So far they have each had three games.  I think they both like it...they don't really know how to play except to run after the ball and kick it into the goal.  But that works.  ha ha. 

 Uncle Duncan and Aunt Crys came to the kids' first games.  She took some great pictures and posted them here.  I put some of them on this blog too...I hope she doesn't mind.  :) She also held Riley for a long time so I could focus on the game.  Thanks Crys!

 This was Zac at the end of his first game.  :)  He is doing so well...in his age group the kids pretty much just huddle around the ball until someone kicks it away and they all go huddle around it again.  But in his last game Zac had a few break aways and dribbled the ball almost to the goal!  It was exciting.  In his game yesterday, he actually scored a goal!  It was awesome!  I was so proud of him!

 Here he is taking a corner kick.  

 This picture is hilarious.  Zac and a few other kids are going for the ball, one of the kids is just looking at it, the boy on Zac's team at the far right of the picture would break out in tears every two minutes because the kids would "take the ball away from him"  ha ha.  So funny.

 Here is Sadie.  She got a neon yellow uniform.  I think they call themselves the green dragons.  

 There is more running involved at this age, but it is still a lot of huddling around the ball.  ha ha

 Sadie does pretty well with the running, but by the end of the game, she is pretty tired.

This picture makes me laugh.  The ball was in that group of people, but it looks like it got kicked away and they are all in the process of going over to it again.

It is so fun to see my kids learn new things.  I hope they enjoy soccer, because I sure enjoy watching them play!

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

All the shorts on Zac's team look like skirts! Ha ha. But you got some great pictures!