Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter Weekend

 Easter weekend consisted of a lot of lounging around because it was also General Conference weekend!  It was pretty relaxing...although, I did miss a lot of what was said because I was coloring with the kids or trying to keep them occupied.  ha ha. 


 I think this was Saturday Afternoon session.  The kids and I were taking up the whole couch!  And yes, Emery thinks that her swim suit is something she can wear in place of clothing.  It happens about once a week.  I gave up that fight...and she is just so happy in her swim suit.  ha ha

 On Easter morning, we had to check out back to see if there were any eggs.  Riley was ready with her little blue bucket.

 And they're off!

 Riley sat here pretty much the whole time just playing with this egg and her bucket.  

 Emery was very distraught one day when I didn't buy her any pink peeps to eat at the store.  Fortunately she found some here.

 Zac found a lot of stuff.

 All done!  I think they had fun.  And they found four or five eggs later on in the day that they didn't find in the morning.  That was even more fun!

After they ate some of their candy, we read the Easter story from the Bible and I gave them each a mini Christus Statue.  They all found a special spot for their statue and I think they enjoyed our morning.

Then on Sunday evening we dyed our Easter eggs.  Yeah...we were a little behind schedule.  But we had lots of fun getting them ready for our Easter egg bash the next night.  Zac LOVES the egg bash tradition.  He talks about it all year and always wants to play "easter egg bash" with anyone who will play with him.  :)  So he was pretty happy it was finally happening.

 I lost against Sadie.

 Can you tell who won this match??

 And this one??

 I lost all of my matches.  Oh well..  And I think Rob did too.  I didn't get any pictures of him because he was holding Riley most of the time and filling out the brackets.  What a good man!

 Sadie was the champion!  There were a few tears...but then we let them roll the uncracked eggs at each other until they were all cracked and they were pretty happy again.

This was obviously a before picture.  I love my family! 

No comments: