Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Paris- day 7!

 This was our last day in Paris.  We had already gotten pretty much everything checked off of our to do list so this was a pretty laid back day.  We slept in again (!) and then we wandered to the hotel restaurant for breakfast.  It was pretty yummy.  Laurel ordered orange juice and it was a tiny cup of juice yet it cost 8 euros!  ha ha.  I hope it tasted good.  :) 

We went to The Conciergerie (it used to be a prison).  It was really interesting and kinda dismal.  They beheaded a lot of people back then!  After that museum, we wandered back over to the soap shop and to the ice cream place we had visited earlier in the week. 

 I didn't take too many pictures on day 7.  I guess I figured I already had so many pictures I didn't need too many more.  But I liked this fountain so I took a picture.  

Then for lunch we stopped at a cafe that we had eaten at earlier in the week.  Every time I face timed with my kids the first question they asked was if I had eaten snails yet.  So I decided I better try them on my last day.  I remembered that the cafe had them on the appetizer list so we went there and ordered some. 
 We also got "baby caesar salads"  And they were definitely small.  ha ha  

 My face tells all in this picture.  The snails didn't taste all that bad.  They actually tasted good.  It was just the thought that I was eating the things that I have my kids find in our garden.  Ew.  And the fact that you have to dig them out of their shell doesn't help either.  And the sauce was green.  I ended up eating two of them only because Laurel tried recording me the first time and something weird happened and it didn't work.  So I took one for the team and ate another one so I could have it on video.  ha ha  Culture points for me!


 Laurel got such a beautiful supply of soap.  I only got 5.  I definitely should have bought more!  So pretty.

After lunch, we hurried back to the hotel and face timed with our families one last time while in France.  Then after that we got another massage.  It was so amazing.  (Thanks again Laurel!)  It was so great!

 That evening it was our goal to get a good picture of both of us together.  We wanted the eiffel tower to be in the background but the lighting didn't look very good and we didn't want to walk all the way down there.  So we settled for a picture in front of the Seine.  

 I love the one on the right with the boat in it.  So fun.

We ate lunch at a park near our hotel.  We got quiche, and I got some guacamole because  I had been craving mexican food the whole time I was there.  Ha ha.  Then we had one last crepe.  So yummy.  

The next day was the day we were going to the airport.  We bought our bus tickets the night before so we would be extra ready.  We decided to leave the hotel at 7:15 am.  Of course the check out of the hotel took longer than expected because they had a bunch of charges from the mini bar that we never actually took anything from.  We did move the stuff out sometimes to cool our water bottles.  I guess they have a sensor, so if you move anything it automatically charges you.  Whoops!  But Laurel got that figured out.  So we made it to the bus and to the airport.  At the airport we missed our stop so we had to take the shuttle back to the right terminal.  It was at this point I was starting to get a little bit nervous about making our flight.  Then when we got into the airport I got really nervous.  It was CRAZY!  Lines everywhere.  So after much stress and worrying, we ran to our gate and made it just in time.  Phew!

This trip was such an amazing experience and I'm so glad for Rob taking the whole week off of work to spend time with the kids.  He is such an amazing dad and the kids loved having him home the whole week.  I feel blessed to have been able to go on this trip. Thanks Laurel!  I had a great time!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

It was such an awesome trip! I'm so glad we did it. Thanks for being a great travel partner, and let's def do it again sometime!

lindsy said...

Wow! What an incredible week! And the snails ... I hope I would be brave enough to try one if I ever make it to Paris. Beautiful pictures!