Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pumpkin from our garden

 This year our garden was very minimal.  We planted tomatoes and sunflowers and cucumbers.  That's it.  But we were happy when we saw a volunteer pumpkin plant come up.  It didn't get very big because it grew right next to our tomatoes.  But we did get one pumpkin out of it so the kids were very excited.  We picked the pumpkin at the end of August I think and the kids wanted to carve it right away.  So we went ahead and did it. 

 Everyone is ready to help clean out the pumpkin.

 Rob handled the knife work.

 And the kids scooped out the guts.

 I told all the kids to look at me and smile...Riley was very obedient.  Ha ha.

Here they are with the finished product. 

That pumpkin is long gone by now, but we went to the pumpkin patch the other day and picked out some pumpkins.  I think we will paint the pumpkins this year since Rob and I usually end up doing all the work when we carve them.  We'll see. 

No comments: