Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sadie's teeth

 We took Sadie to the dentist a couple weeks ago because her front tooth was pretty loose, but not ready to come out yet.  And her gums around the loose tooth were getting infected and her permanent tooth was coming in in front of her tooth.  I am new at this whole losing teeth thing, so I probably could have just waited and let things happen on their own, but I decided to take her in just in case. 

Of course the dentist recommended that I have the top FOUR(!) teeth pulled out and that would allow the room her permanent teeth need to grow in.  He also mentioned that he could do it right then...  I got a little bit sad knowing this would totally change the way she looked, so I snapped a few pictures and off she went to get her teeth pulled. I'm pretty sure we just added to the dentist's Christmas fund, but Rob and I felt it was the right thing to do.  And this is what she looks like now:

Such a cute gummy smile.  Actually, she looks different than this because her permanent tooth has grown in quite a bit already.  We love her gummy smile though!

No comments: