Sunday, March 13, 2022

BYU Vocal Point Concert

We got tickets to see BYU Vocal Point in concert!  Rob and I went a few months ago and I was kicking myself for not bringing the kids so when I saw that they were going on tour and preforming in Salt Lake, I got tickets for the whole family.  Then after I bought them I saw that it was for kids 8 and older, so I invited my friend and her son who is Zac's age to come.  

I love listening to good music.  Those guys are so talented.  The kids all loved it.


Sadie and I got to sit by each other.  We giggled at the girl in the front row screaming at the top of her lungs.  Then we laughed really hard when they were singing a Beach Boy medley of songs and they threw a beach ball out into the crowd so we could hit it around for a bit.  But when they threw it, it landed in a walkway.  Then a kid ran over and grabbed it.  So he was just holding it and going to keep it until the guy singing between breaths said "Let's get that beach ball going!"  it was hilarious.  Then the crowd hit it around for a bit.  :)

It's amazing how music can bring the spirit so strongly.  They sang a lot of fun songs, but they also sang Nearer My God To Thee and I Can Only Imagine.  Those were probably my favorites that they sang.  

Riley's church teacher today told me that she said the concert made her feel closer to Jesus.  I thought that was pretty cool.  If anyone gets the chance to go see these guys sing in person, do it.  You won't regret it!
 

No comments: