Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tuesday - day 9

On Tuesday, my mom, Emery and I went on a day trip to LA to visit the fashion district.  We woke up really early and got to the airport, and flew to LA.  We spent all day there and then flew back home that evening.  It was a long day, but tons of fun and very fruitful.  I got tons of fabric.  And I am already planning another trip next year (just kidding...maybe.) 

 Emery did great on her first plane ride. 

 When we got downtown...it was crazy.  There was fabric literally everywhere!  So many stores.  We found lots of good stuff. 

 My mom found this blue cotton gauze fabric and really haggled the guy down on the price.  Go mom!

 Emery really was an angel the whole trip.  Here she is asleep on our way to turn the rental car in.  The poor thing would always fall asleep right before we got to where we were going so we had to wake her up.  But all the shop owners were just loving her.  They all made comments about how cute she was.  It was funny.

 At the airport we ran into a missionary returning home.  We asked her where she served and she said Taiwan.  Then my mom asked if she knew my cousin Elder Gillespie and she did!  It is such a small world!  We were so glad we said hello!

The flight home Emery mostly slept.  That is after she won the hearts of the flight attendants.  Ha ha.  We were in the very front row so they got a good look at her.  And they gave her this certificate for her first flight.  It was a great day. 


I had tons of fun with my mom. We need to plan another trip soon!

5 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

How cute is that little passenger!yf

Machelle said...

It would be fun to see all the fabrics you bought. I know its asking a lot to take pictures and then post. I am so addicted to fabric. (Im not a weird stalker I am from the Glendale Stake. Your mom might know my daughter from girls camp)

Machelle said...

I would love to see all the fabric you picked out. But it is asking a lot to take all the pictures and then post. I absolutely love and am addicted to fabric and yarn (the expensive ones). Im not a weird stalker. I am from the Glendale Stake. (I think my daughter went to girls camp with your mom)(or hiked with your mom)

Shirl and Bill said...

sometimes I wonder if my comments are floating around in outer space. I left one yesterday???
Anyway, little ole Emery weathered the whole trip pretty well...

Becky and Brad said...

Emery is adorable. I can't believe how big she is. I loved all the pictures from Phoenix. It brought out fond memories of the Cerreta candy factory and my many trips there as a kid to watch the machines and try to the candy. And I also loved the updated picture of how the temple is coming along. You were literally 6 minutes from where I grew up and where my parent's still live in Glendale when you were at the Temple site. And then Waterworld (it's called something else now) is just like 4 blocks down from that temple. I worked there as a lifeguard and have a lot of fond memories. It was just so fun to see you and the kid's down in OUR neck of the woods. And yes, we do need to get together soon. I want to come and see how the house arrangement is working out for you.