Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Gilgal sculpture garden

 While grandma and grandpa were in town a few weeks ago, we checked out a place called Gilgal Sculpture garden.  It was a very small hidden area in the middle of a neighborhood with cool artistic sculptures to look at.  It's pretty small, but it has some pretty cool stuff to look at. 

 Like this sculpture.  It's like a sphinx with a familiar face on it...can you see who it is?  WE asked the kids if they recognized the face and I think it was Sadie who guessed Joseph Smith.  Pretty impressive!

 There are cool shapes in the rocks behind these guys.  I can't remember but I think most of the sculpture related to a bible story.  Or something...I'll have to ask my parents.  ha ha

 Another cool one...

 This was my favorite I think.  Cool archway made out of rocks. It was hard to get the kids to stand still long enough for me to take a picture because they kept running back and forth under it. 

 Riley needed a picture with grandma at the Gilgal rock.  Happy girl!

It was a neat little place to visit.  We had a good time.

No comments: