Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Temple Square

While my mom was in town we decided to take the trax train down to temple square because it is easier with an extra adult.  :)  We pulled up to the station right as a train was pulling in.  I jumped out of the car and ran ahead so I could buy the tickets from the kiosk while Rob and my mom got the kids out of the car.  I ordered the ticket and swiped my card and the machine told me the transaction had failed.  DOH!  At this point there was a guy kinda cheering us on saying "hurry up!" and the train had waited a minute or so to see if we could get our act together and get on the train, but I couldn't order the next ticket in time, so the train went on it's way and we were stuck waiting for the next one.  (they come every 15 minutes) So I got the ticket ordered and reached down to get it and there were two tickets there!!  The first one had worked after all!  So now I had paid for two group tickets and missed the train.  So annoying!  Fortunately, I called the next day and asked them to refund me, they did.  Phew! 

So besides that fiasco, our trip was really fun.  We had a little scavenger hunt that I had printed out of things to look for while we were there.  It was so nice to be there without a ton of crowds!  The last time we went to temple square was for the Christmas lights and that was Crazy!  We did see two or three brides there which Emery and Sadie thought was pretty cool.


Zac would randomly jump up onto a statue or sit on a bench and tell me to take a picture.  

Riley was a pretty happy girl riding along in the stroller.

Another Zac requested picture.

The temple is so pretty!

On the train on the way to SLC.  It was right during the time when people were getting off of work, so the trains were pretty crowded.  It was hard to find seats all together.  Poor Rob was usually on his own while the rest of us squeezed together.  

Sadie and Grandma.

A tree...I don't remember taking this picture.  ha ha

I really wanted to go before the tulips all died.  So I was excited when I saw all of these beautiful bright colorful tulips.  So pretty.  So I got a picture of the girls sitting in front of them.  

A family photo.  Of course.

I love this picture.  Even though Sadie isn't looking.  I love my family.  :)

Thanks mom for helping us corral the kids at temple square.  Two more funny things to note:

1. As we were walking to catch the train home, there was a homeless guy across the street and quite a ways ahead of us and he kept burping REALLY loud.  Zac thought it was hilarious.  I was worried when he showed up at the same train station as us that we would be stuck listening to his burps on the train, but fortunately he didn't get on our train.  

2.While we were transferring trains and waiting for the next one, we were sitting on a bench and the guys we were sitting near pulled out a pair of glasses that are made to look at the sun during eclipses.  He let us all put them on and look at the sun and we talked a little bit about how he had just taught a class at a college about the sun.  Pretty cool.  He said he was an astronomy professor.  That's when Rob chimed in and said "Did you hear about Pluto...that's messed up!"  Some of you may recognize this line as the line Gus from Psych always uses to pick up girls...but it didn't make this guy laugh.  He went on to tell us exactly why it isn't considered a planet anymore and how there was a vote and everything.  Ha ha.  Joke Fail. 

No comments: