Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Silver Lake

 When my mom got to town we decided we wanted to go check out Silver Lake which is a little hike here in the mountains that is easy for kids.  Then the weather was turning on us.  There were clouds and rain all day the day we wanted to go, but we decided to go anyway.  We packed warm coats and snow boots and went on our way.  When we got there, there was snow covering the whole path and it was starting to snow.  We got a picture before we set off on the path.

 Riley cracked me up in her little fluffy outfit.  It must have kept her warm though because she was pretty happy the whole time.  :)

 Emery insisted on wearing tennis shoes and not her snow boots.  Fortunately, she didn't complain at all about cold feet or toes.  

 On a bridge along the path...it was snowing more at this point.  It eventually died down and we were all warm enough to have a great time.  It was tons of fun.  I can't wait to go back when the snow is gone since I was kind of a crazy lady telling my kids to walk on the footprints that we could see in the snow.  I was worried if they got off the path they would fall into icy cold lake water since I had no idea where the path was except for where other footprints were.  It will be lots of fun to come again.

 It was really pretty and smelled so fresh up there.  And sheesh!  Aren't my kids so cute!

 This is what the path looked like...

 Rob threw some rocks into the icy covered water.  The kids loved it!

 Almost to the end.  And still all smiles!

 Sadie...I love her.

 This is how she ate snow without touching it with her hands.  I kept telling the kids not to touch the snow with their hands because I didn't want a ton of crying kids with cold hands while we were far away from the car.  When we finished the hike, I told them they could put their hands in the snow.  Like I said...I was a little crazy.  ha ha

 Big rock.

 Pretty view.

 This was near the end of the hike.  And everyone was still happy!  It was such a fun outing!

Cute Emery on the big rock. 

No comments: