Thursday, May 21, 2015

Payson Temple


While my parents were in town, we went and saw the Payson Temple open house.  It was something I have been wanting to do with the kids since they announced a temple in Payson...so it was pretty special to be able to go tour it with my kids and my parents and my brother!  We went during the day on a Friday so Rob was at work.  On the drive down Zac and Sadie both started feeling sick.  And Riley started screaming when we were about 20 minutes away.  Finally she fell asleep right before we got to the temple.  Figures.  Zac's tummy started feeling better when we got out of the car, but poor Sadie was doubled over in pain.  My mom took her to get a barf bag just in case and I was seriously considering staying outside with her while the rest of them went through the temple.  

Thankfully there were three adults there with me to help.  Sadie needed to be carried a lot so thanks to grandpa and Scott for helping with that.  Scott had to carry her up a few flights of stairs.  ha ha.  I was carrying a sleeping Riley for a while.  Zac and Emery did a great job walking the whole time.  We passed Riley and Sadie around between me and my dad and brother.  

It was so great though to see how excited Emery was about everything.  Her eyes would get big when she saw a pretty vase on a table and then whisper to me "MOM!  That's a breakable thing!!"  ha ha.  I wish Sadie could have enjoyed it a little bit more, but I'm glad she was able to see it at least.


 After we went through.  You can't tell that Sadie is feeling sick.  She was great and put on a smile. My sister in law asked if we planned to coordinate our outfits when she saw a picture of us.  I hadn't even noticed until she made that comment so I guess we know what we are wearing for our next family pictures!  ha ha

I'm so grateful for temples and the peace that can be found there. 

No comments: