Thursday, May 21, 2015

My morning yesterday

 Yesterday morning I decided it was time to mow the lawn.  The front lawn wasn't too bad, but the backyard was a different story.  It has been raining almost every day here for the past few weeks so we couldn't really mow.  And the back lawn I didn't mow part of it because there was a quail nest with eggs in it and I didn't want to disturb it.  So Riley woke up from her nap and we all trekked outside.  I brought our little tent out with us and put the kids inside with snacks.  This is going to work!!!

 Aren't they cute??

 Next thing I know, Emery has opened the door to the tent and everyone was out!  ha ha

 But the lawn really really needed to be mowed.  So I let the older kids out of the tent and put Riley back inside.  

 Zac dropped goldfish in there for Riley every now and then to keep her happy.  

 She stayed inside happily the whole time I mowed the backyard...so silly me I thought she would do the same for the front yard!.

 She did for a while, but not very long...

 So I stuck her in my front pack and kept on mowing.  I'm sure I was a sight to see.  ha ha.  Then the mower ran out of gas.  Doh.  So I put Riley down, and filled it up, grabbed otterpops for the kids and the neighbors who came over, and I finished the last little bit.

 Yum.

I love my kids so much.  They were so great to let me mow the entire lawn!  It took me about 1.5 hours start to finish.  But wow...it looks SO much better! 

1 comment:

Laurel said...

ha! ha! This made me smile. Glad you got your lawns mowed! Our were jungle-esque too, but it didn't bother me badly enough to get out there and mow it myself... You're pretty awesome.