Thursday, May 7, 2015

International Peace Gardens


My friend recently told me about the International Peace Gardens in Salt Lake.  I had never heard of this place before but she said it was a pretty cool place and that it was free, so I told my mom about it and we checked it out!  It did not disappoint.  We went on a day that Sadie was in school, and we liked it so much that we went again when she could come with us.  There are sections all around the park that are dedicated to different countries.  Our favorite was France because it had a little Eiffel Tower.  I am going to France in a few months with a friend, so it was pretty cool for the kids to see this little statue knowing I was going to see the real thing later this year.  There is lots of space to run around and explore and it is right by a park that has a play place so there was lots to do.  WE will definitely be visiting this place a few times this summer!
 
 Cool archway.  

 There were a few statues of important people from that country.  Pretty sure this is Mahatma Gandhi.  

 And they wrote words with plants.  Pretty cool!

 Here is the Eiffel Tower.  

 Saying hello to a lion.

 I don't remember what country this was...I'm not very good with geography.  

 Zac did a thumbs down because he says he was scared of the lion.  ha ha

 The kids wanted in the tree so I helped them get up there.  Then right as I was taking this picture, Emery says calmly "Mom, I'm pretty scared up here!"  It was funny.

 Grandma playing a harp from Wales.  

 Zac climbing a totem pole looking thing.  This was near the Korean gardens I think.

 A bright red bridge over a dry stream.

 Lebanon peace garden.

 Photo Op.

 Zac ran up this hill and chilled under this rock formation for a while.  He said he laid an egg up there.

 Greece was a cool one too.  I love the pillars. 

 Then we checked out the swings.  Riley looks happy. 

 We came back a few days later with Sadie.  All the kids wanted their own picture with the Eiffel Tower.

 Sadie.

 Emery.

 Sadie wanted to play the harp like grandma.

 Zac said he was scared up there.  But he got up and down all by himself.

I don't remember what country this was for either...





Chinese Peace gardens.  Those dragons were pretty cool.

I think this is supposed to be filled with water, but the kids liked running in circles around it.   

And they put on a show for us on the "stage".  This was their bow at the end.  ha ha

No comments: