Monday, September 25, 2017

Solar Eclipse

 We were excited about watching the solar eclipse a couple days before the kids went back to school.  I was worried about the kids going blind looking at the sun or looking around the glasses we had, so I saw this online and copied it.  We attached them to paper plates for more protection.  :)

 The kids kept running outside to check if it had started yet.  Zac was the first one to spot it!

 We just hung out on the deck and ate donuts and popcorn and occasionally checked on the eclipse.  The thing that I thought was the coolest was how the temperature dropped noticeably.  It was crazy!

 We also loved looking at the shadows.  

I really enjoyed watching the eclipse from our backyard.  My parents drove to Idaho to see the eclipse in totality.  They said that was pretty amazing. 

No comments: