Monday, September 25, 2017

Visit from Family- Finale...ropes coarse and tie dye

 My parents set up a really awesome ropes coarse in our backyard for the kids to do.  It was really involved and took a lot of prep work.  They spent a lot of time setting it up for the kids and they really really liked it.  Well I know my kids did anyway.  My dad timed each one of them and it took them around 18 minutes or so the first time and then around 10 minutes the times after that.  It was impressed that they all stuck with it and didn't give up.  18 minutes is a long time, but they finished strong.  And they all improved on their times the second and third try.  So fun!

 Ready to start!

 Sadie went first.  Then I think it was Calvin and then Zac.  Here they are at various parts of the coarse.  Walking through the water, and the wheelbarrow ride.

 They even had to climb their way into the truck and honk the horn at one point.

 Scott showing off his muscles and Evan was on wheelbarrow duty.  He did a good job too.

 Riley even took a turn (with help) and my mom took over on the wheelbarrow for a while.

 I think that was the kids favorite part.

 My dad...the official timer.

 Evan and Scott had to try out the coarse too.  

 When everyone was done outside, grandma pulled out some Nerf guns and the kids all shot at plastic cups.  IT was a hit!

 For lunch, we went out to Tucanos.  So yummy!  Thanks mom and dad!  Scott played this cool piano outside.

 While the kids played on these teeter totters.

 Then we found this table with swings for chairs. Of course the kids had to try them out.

 While we were all together the kids made tie dye shirts and I love how they turned out.  So bright and colorful.

 Then we just started snapping pictures left and right.  :)

 Cousins!

 
 The day before school started, I wanted to take the kids to get a snow cone.  I went at 12:15 and it wasn't opened.  Then I went back around 2:30 and it was still closed!  Finally we went back at 3 and it was opened.  Sheesh.  It was worth it though.  So yummy.

This is just a random picture from that morning.  Riley was laying on the stair and Daisy was watching the older kids.  

It was so fun to have family around for so long.  The kids really love being with their cousins and after they left, Sadie kept telling me how it was too quiet and how much she missed them.  :)

No comments: