Monday, September 25, 2017

Visit from family - Part 2 A hike in the Albion Basin

Shanna suggested that one of the days we hike the Albion Basin so we can see the wildflowers in the mountains.  I have always wanted to see them, but have always missed them by a few weeks.  So we packed up one morning and went on a little hike.  It wasn't a hard hike, but it was harder than I thought it was going to be.  ha ha.  Probable because I was so pregnant and Riley cried a lot so I had to carry her for a while.  But it was worth it because it was so pretty.  I couldn't stop taking pictures. 

Our crew at the beginning of the hike.

Cousins!

They climbed on this rock and wanted me to take a picture...well, I don't think Calvin wanted a picture, but he stayed in it anyway.  

Cute girls!

Pretty wildflowers.

This was Riley for a little while...maybe it was longer than a little while.  I can't remember.  Thanks to Evan for carrying her for a bit and bribing her with their snacks.  

A little rock climbing detour.

The mountains are so pretty.

I mean...seriously.  So pretty.  Also Emery is pretty too.

One more with the top of the mountain in it too.

Fields of flowers!

Wish Rob could have been there with us, but he was at work.  I sure love spending time in nature with my family.

The kids ran ahead a little bit on the way back to the car.

Then we found Batman!


When we were almost to the end of the trail we came across this deer.  We watched it for a while. 

We made it back to the car in one piece.  Well, mostly.  Calvin took a big spill and cut his knee...but he didn't even cry.  It didn't slow him down.  We got him a bandaid and headed back home because grandma and grandpa were on their way!

No comments: