Monday, September 25, 2017

Sweet's Candy Tour

 Before the kids started school, my friend invited us to come along with them to a tour of the Sweet's candy factory.  I had been wanting to do this for a while, so I said "sure!" and we went with them.  It was a pretty cool tour although you don't actually get to see the workers making the candy.  But they do show you some videos and give demos of how everything is made.  It is mostly taffy (which I don't really like) but it was really cool to see how it is made.  And they gave out free samples.  :)

 We were the first to get there so we wandered around and took some pictures.

 Then the rest of the group showed up. 

 My cute kids.  

 I loved all of the candy on display.  It's just so colorful and bright.  :)

And they showed us how they make their cinnamon bears.  They just use cornstarch and a metal shape that stamps into the cornstarch.  Sadie got to help demonstrate this part.

Overall it was a good tour.  So if you haven't been, you should go.  It's interesting and fun.

No comments: