Sunday, June 24, 2018

5k with Laurel

 So after I had started exercising (after my hospital stay) I told my friend Laurel that we should do a 5k together because I had been looking at all my medals from my previous races that I've run and it motivated me to want to do another one.  So Laurel found this 5k that was in Salt Lake and was benefiting brain tumor/brain cancer research!  Perfect! So we signed up and went!

I had to stop and walk a few times to catch my breath, but I finished!  And it was so great to run with Laurel.  Seriously.  It makes the running part go by faster if you are chatting that whole time.  Although I was mostly just listening because I was so out of breath.  ha ha.  

Then at the end they started calling off the raffle tickets.  Laurel and I were sure we were going to win something so we stuck around.  They started handing out the medals of the people who got first in their age group.  Then they said they were handing out awards for survivors who ran the race.  Then I heard them call my name for the female survivor who got first.  ha ha.  I couldn't believe it.  I had walked part of it!  I must have been the only female survivor.  :)


But I got this cool trophy.  So it was kinda fun.  Ha ha. 

Hopefully we can do this one again next year!!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Babe! You're such a babe. Good job winning!