Sunday, June 17, 2018

Family Reunion

 In May my parents came up to Utah for a little family reunion for my dad's family.  It was here in Utah so that was convenient.  They stayed with us and would drive to the various activities during the day.  It was fun for the kids to be able to see them again and we always love having them around.  One of the days was a trip to This is the Place Park.  I had been there once many years ago...and I didn't remember much about it.  I actually wasn't planning on going with them because usually Emery got out of school at 11 (half day kindergarten) but that day she happened to be going on a field trip so she was going to stay all day at the school and walk home with the older kids.  Perfect!  So we decided last minute we would tag along.  It was so much more fun than I thought it would be.  We loved it so much that we bought a season pass and have already been back 3 times!  The kids love it!

So when we went with grandma and grandpa, I only had Finley and Riley.  Here are some of the pictures.

This was in the school room.  We learned how to write our names in an alphabet that isn't used anymore.  But it was based on sounds.  It was fun.  This was right before I saw Riley head outside and then she was lost for a minute.  Really it was like one minute, but I couldn't find her so I started to panic a little bit.  But we found her pretty quick just hanging out by the fence.  
 
 Riley loved the place where you can pet the animals. 

 This is a random picture but I just thought my kids choice of footwear was hilarious.  It was a rainy day and Emery chose rain boots, Riley chose snow boots, and Sadie and Zac chose flip flops!  Silly kids!

 Our neighbors painted Riley's face.  I don't know what it is supposed to be, but it was pink!

 My mom took Finley on the trampoline.  I think she liked it.

 Grandpa took her for a ride on the swing.

 Petting more animals.

 She really loved the pony ride!  She went twice!

 Here she is making an arrowhead necklace.  

 Here is Riley and Grandpa trying to float a little boat down the stream but it kept getting stuck on the rocks.  

 I love Riley in a hat!  And my cousin Giuliana took a turn holding Finley. 

 The trip really took it out of both kids and they both promptly fell asleep on the way home in the truck.
 
 We took lots of train rides.

 Then grandma and grandpa treated us to ice cream sandwiches.  Our teeth looked great.

 This picture cracks me up because the kids get angry at each other for "stealing" Finley.  Looks like Sadie "stole" Finley's attention from Emery. Ha ha.  But Finley is smiling in the mirror.  

 This was at the park for the BBQ for the family reunion. It was great to see some cousins that I hadn't seen in a while and also to see my grandparents and aunts and uncles who were there.  

 Grandpa kept Finley entertained. 

 Unfortunately they always have to leave to go back home...which is sad.  But we love it when they are in town and can't wait to see them again! Hopefully soon.  :)

2 comments:

This Is The Place Heritage Park said...

So Glad you guys love This Is The Place Heritage Park!! Thanks for visiting and making us a tradition!

This Is The Place Heritage Park said...

So glad you got to visit This Is The Place Heritage Park and have made it a family tradition!!