Sunday, June 3, 2018

First Broken bone...and Zac's baptism.

 So two days after the pinewood derby, Zac got to go on a field trip to the dump.  After they went there, they stopped by the park near our house and ate lunch and played for a bit.  I got a text from my friend that happened to be there saying that Zac hurt his arm.  She said he was saying he was fine, but she observed him and gave me a call.  He was just sitting by her and whimpering.  So I drove over to pick him up from the park.  I took him to the Dr. who sent us somewhere where he could get x rays.  Sure enough it was broken.  My friend said that all the teachers were saying it probably wasn't broken because he didn't cry that much.  Ha ha.  I guess he is just really tough.  :)

 Here are his x rays.  I couldn't for the life of me see the break until I asked the Dr. to point it out.  They said it was in a spot that may need surgery.  Fortunately he didn't need that!  If you look at the picture on the right, at the humerus (upper) bone, on the very left at the bottom there is a tiny gray line.  That is the break.  I would have never seen it if it wasn't pointed out to me.  

 Here we are waiting for his x ray.

 Then we had to go back to the Dr. and he put a splint on him.  He said it wasn't allowed to get wet...I told him that Zac was going to get baptized in 2 days...He basically said "good luck."  ha ha.  So I bought a plastic cast cover and we taped that on.  And it stayed dry.

 The place where we got his x rays was right near Rob's work so he met us there.  

 Here we are a few days later at Zac's baptism.  It was a wonderful day and he got to be baptized on the same day as two of his friends.  Lucy and Aubrey.

Left to right: Aubrey, Lucy, Zac


 
 Family picture.

 Zac with his best friend Bryant.  After the baptism we planned a taco feast because it was Cinco de Mayo.  This was how many people were there...None of them were there for us.   Ha ha  Oh well.  The food was amazing though.  :)


Five days after he broke his arm, Zac finally got his cast.  He chose a blue one and I got to sign it first.  :)  WE went and got some ice cream to celebrate.  He actually gets it off in 2 days...so maybe we will have to go again.  :)

 The kids always like the bright colored ice cream.  I'm pretty sure it is just because it looks fun.  I always go for Chocolate almond.

 Sporting his new gear.  I got to sign his cast first.

Grandma and grandpa were lucky enough to come an get to sign his cast too.


1 comment:

Laurel said...

Poor Zac! Between goose eggs and bone breaks, I think you have tough kids.