Sunday, June 10, 2012

Art City Days

*This is my fourth post today, so you might want to scroll down and read them all.  I am playing catch up!*

It is that time of year again.  Art City Days!  I love art city days.  There are fun things for the kids to do and all kinds of activities all week long.  There is even a baby contest which I totally should have entered Emery into because I am just sure she would have won.  :)  ha ha.  Anywho.  We only did a few things this year.  We went to the carnival and the parade.  The kids loved it.  At the carnival we let the kids do the carousel and a few little rides.  Then we walked around a looked at all of the booths of people selling things.  Fun.  Then on Saturday I was going to skip out on the parade because Rob was gone all day (from 5:45 am to about 5:30 pm) doing the leopard test for kung fu.  I will let him tell you about that.  It sounded like a lot of fun.  But I was brave and walked down to the parade with all three kids in tow.  THey did very well.  We found a great place to sit and set up our blanket and waited for the parade.  Emery fell asleep as the loud firetrucks with sirens drove past.  How she did that...I have no idea.  But it was nice.  The kids loved running out and grabbing candy and waving to everyone that went by.  We actually stayed to the very end and walked all the way home without a meltdown.  Success!  ha ha.  It was a lot of fun and I am glad that I took the kids after all. 

 This is the first thing that the kids did.  Just a fun little walk up really high to a fun slide.

 Zac was a little nervous so Sadie helped him along.  It was really cute.

 He went down the slide first...
 Then Sadie. They liked it I think.


 Then the Carousel.  I didn't really get a good picture.  This was the best one I got.

 Then Sadie got to ride one all by herself.

 Love that face.

 Waiting for the parade.

 Sadie really wanted to see Cosmo...there is the van, but no Cosmo.

 There he is...he waved right to us!

 And gave the girl next to us a high five.  They thought that was really cool.

And this is what Emery did most of the time.  It was a fun day.

I forgot to mention that the night before this, there was a sale at a store called modbod.  It has like undershirts and cute skirts and stuff.  This was a parking lot sale where you could go and stuff up to ten things into a bag and pay 25 dollars for it.  So my friend and I left our kids with our husbands and took off.  We got there right when it was supposed to start and there were already hundreds of people there searching through boxes and boxes of clothes.  Crazy.  My friend and I ended up finding some stuff and went to get some bags to stuff it in.  Turns out the bags are smaller then a gallon ziplock bag.  ha ha.  But we stuffed and stuffed and I think we got 8 shirts in one of our bags.  I also found some fun skirts.  We had 4 bags of stuff.  Then we went to pay and I discovered that my wallet was not in my bag.  I was so embarrassed but my friend offered to pay for mine and I could pay her back.  Oh man...it was sooooooo crazy there.  So many women trying to stuff as much stuff into those tiny bags as they could. We also had to be able to put a twist tie on the bag.  ha ha.  Kinda comical.  We are so cheap!  :)  We decided that we would go an hour early next time!  It was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Oh,oh, you struck a homesick cord. I always just loved Springville days. So down to earth and no high class stuff.
Makes me remember so many things there which I still miss.......
Loved the blogs...