Friday, June 22, 2012

Rob is 31!!

So yesterday started off great with Rob opening two of his gifts before he left for work.  He got a little blow up punching bag (Zac picked it out himself!) and Kung Fu Panda 2 the DVD.  Then he had to go to work.  So the kids and I just played at home until he got back.  Then he went to buy himself some ice cream because I had a cake but no ice cream.  He got home and we ate dinner and then I revealed to him the cake that I made really quickly during naptime that day.  ha ha.  It actually turned out a lot better than I thought.  And Sadie was helping me and told me where to put everything on top of the cake.  So he blew out candles and we ate cake and ice cream and then we went for our nightly (well almost nightly) walk.  I hope Rob enjoyed it. 


THis is the cake that I made.  Sadie told me where to put the rose that I made and she put all the raspberries on.  Then she told me what to write and where to put it.  My cake decorating skills are getting better...which isn't saying too much because they were terrible to begin with!  ha ha.

 Candles lit and ready to be blown out.

 Emery helped blow out the candles.

 The kids got out their sunglasses.  Zac cracks me up because we have like 3 pairs of boy sunglasses and he would rather wear the cheap star sunglasses that have yellow lenses.  Silly boy.

 Emery and Zac get the seats.

 And Sadie sits on top.  It is perfect.

We love Rob and we really appreciate everything he does for us!  He is the best dad in the world and husband too!  Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Happy birthday Rob.
The cake looks yummy!

Laurel said...

Lindsey, the cake is awesome! I'm impressed with the rose, and it looks delicious. My b-day is in September... ;)