Sunday, June 10, 2012

Snake

Yesterday while Rob was gone, we walked out the front door to eat a popsicle and at the bottom of our stairs was a snake.  Just sitting there.  I didn't know if it was dead or alive, so I did what most people would do...screamed.  Then I ran in and got my camera and found out that the snake was very much alive.  The kids and I followed it around for about 10 minutes until it slithered into our neighbors yard.  We have seen snakes quite a few times in our backyard, but this was the first time I had ever seen one in our front yard in the four and a half years that we have lived here.  Yuck. 

 This is what I saw coming down the stairs.  Sadie saw it too, but she didn't scream like I did.  She just shuddered because it was so gross.

 Going across the rocks.

 I thought he was going to go down the stairwell and get stuck...but he turned around.

 He hid here for a while.

 And the kids waited for him to come out....but he didn't.  So I moved that fence thing out of the way to get a better look.

 
 That is when he made his escape.  He slithered over under our van...

Then over to our neighbors yard.  He is their problem now!  ha ha

1 comment:

lindsy said...

Yuck. I scream at snakes too :P