Sunday, January 1, 2017

Trip to La Grande- day 1

We went to La Grande for Christmas this year.  (Well, I guess it was last year now...) It was a fun trip.  The kids are getting better and better at traveling as they get older.  It's really nice.  We only had to stop 2 times on the way there!  I was worried since Riley is in undies now, but she did great!  When we got a little more than half way there, we pulled out the ipad and watched a couple shows and a movie to pass the time.  The kids loved it. 

Here we all are in the car.  :)

Riley had a little nap.  


I made everyone pose for a picture right when we got there because I always forget if I don't do it right away. Grandma and Grandpa Kevan with the kids.

Emery wasn't shy and hopped right up on grandpa's lap and he taught her how to drive his wheelchair.  

After being at grandma and grandpa's house for a little over an hour, Zac lost his first tooth.  It was so loose in the car I am glad I decided to snap the picture on the left with all of his teeth.  I pulled it out easily with a kleenex when we got there. 

Of course, the kids found all the fun stuff.

Riley with the big hulk hands is really funny.

The kids had a blast playing dress up.  They always wanted me to take a real picture.  So here are a few of their costume choices.




I love this pirate one.


Then we walked over to the field and checked out the HUGE snowballs they had rolled up there.

We should have taken the time to put our snow clothes on because it was bitter cold out there.  We played for a good ten minutes though.  Later on in the week, I was racing Zac to one of those huge snowballs (which are actually mostly ice) and he tripped and fell face first right into one of those.  I was sure his teeth would be smashed when I turned him over to assess the damage, but fortunately he just hit his chin and it didn't bust open.  It was just a scrape and bruise.  Thank goodness.

Riley loved the swings.  

Daddy was very good at pushing her and making her giggle.

That night we went back to the hotel and read some scriptures and then watched TV until we fell asleep.  It was close quarters, but Sadie and Emery wanted to sleep on the floor, so Zac got the whole big bed to himself.  Riley got to sleep in her pack and play. 

No comments: