Monday, August 24, 2015

BYU and Bean Museum

 My mom and Scott were planning a trip to BYU while they were in town so I invited myself along and we stopped at the Bean Museum first.  It is SO different after the renovations.  I don't really remember it much, so it might actually be mostly the same.  ha ha.  But the kids had a good time.  Zac was excited to see a penguin there, but I told him I didn't think there were any penguins there.  But soon after we got there a worker came out with a penguin and asked if we wanted to pet it.  The kids were so excited.  Penguins are a favorite right now.  I wish I had gotten a picture of it.

 Giraffes greeted us as we walked in. I had to snap this picture really fast because a big class of preschool age kids were walking in the door and they were about to come over.  So I chopped off the head of the giraffe.  Oops.

 Peacocks.  So pretty.

 Ha ha.  Emery's face is so funny.

 Y mountain in the background.  BYU is so different from when I went there less than ten years ago.  Crazy.  It was fun to be back on campus though. 

 BYU Bookstore.  Always fun seeing all the BYU gear for sale.

 I think I need to get her this hat.  So cute.

 Sadie's hat choice for a picture.

 Zac's choice.

 And I didn't think Riley would wear a hat so I gave her this ball to hold.  We are trying to teach them young which team to cheer for!

We also visited the Eyering Science center.  Riley liked watching the pendulum in the entrance.  And we liked shooting each other with the air gun thing.  

We had a great time.  Thanks mom and Scott for helping me corral the kids!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Yes! The Bean Museum is totally different. When we used to take Jake and Sadie, we went downstairs to look at birds and bugs, remember? I think that part is gone, and everything left is different. It's better, for sure, but so completely changed.