Thursday, January 19, 2012

Projects

For a while after I had Emery, I didn't want to do projects with the kids mostly because I didn't want to have to clean up the mess. But we have started making things and doing crafts again and it is a lot of fun. As long as I am not focusing on the mess that is being made! :)

We made these crowns the other day. Sadie loves to do projects...and Zac loves to do everything she does, so it works out. I just have to tell myself to not worry about the mess. Ha ha. Anyway, here is how they turned out.



First they decorated them with markers, then we added glue and glitter. I looked away for two seconds and when I looked back at Zac, I realized he had been dipping his fingers in the wet glue and glitter and eating it! Ew! I'm sure I will be seeing some sparkly diapers soon!



Finished! Zac's crown lasted about 10 minutes before he ripped it in half. Sadie's is still going strong after two days! Nice.

Then today while we were walking upstairs (we have to go outside to get upstairs) Sadie was looking really sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she was just really sad because the weatherman said it was going to snow and it is still not snowing. Ha ha. It was cute. So we decided to make our own snowflakes to hang up in our house since there isn't any snow outside. We made them out os popsicle sticks. I got the idea from my sister in law's preschool blog. Check it out...it is awesome.

I think this one is my favorite. Sadie made it.


All of the snowflakes ready to be hung. And let me just say that there is glitter everywhere in my house now! Especially in the kitchen.


I glued them all to a piece of ribbon and hung them on our wall. I love how they turned out. And it was really fun.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

great idea, GREAT petience...