Friday, January 6, 2012

Sick kids

It seems like my kids can't go one week without having a runny nose or a cough or a stomach bug. Seriously. Sigh...I guess it is part of being a parent, but I hate seeing my kids suffer. Anyway.

Last night I didn't have anything to do (I didn't want to do anything) and it was only 8. Rob told me to go to sleep...but I felt silly going to sleep that early. So I played around on the computer for a while and after about 45 minutes I decided I might as well go to sleep since I was just wasting time anyway. So I went to sleep, and I am glad that I did, because the only good sleep I got was from about 9 to 11:30.

At 11:30 Sadie woke up with a crazy barking cough and she couldn't catch her breath. Rob was holding a sleeping Emery, so I ran in there and tried to calm her down, but nothing I did would help. I brought her to the bathroom and opened the window for her to breath the cold air. That didn't help. I turned the shower on to steam up the bathroom, but that didn't help. At this point, I am starting to freak out a little because Sadie can't really breath and she keeps coughing. She coughed so much that she made herself throw up. Finally after about 10 minutes, she calmed down. She went back to sleep and I sat with her for a while. She slept the rest of the night.

When I got back to bed, Emery was ready to eat. So i fed her and help her the rest of the night while I dozed every now and then. She is a little bit sick too, so she didn't want to sleep in her bed. I am really praying that her and Zac don't get what Sadie had which the doctor said sounded like Croup. So we got a prescription for her and hopefully things go well tonight!


I just thought this was funny...both of my kids sitting on chairs reading little pamphlets while waiting for the doctor. The funny thing was how interested the seemed in these little booklets. They each chose to read the one titled "Puberty in girls". I tried to persuade them to read about asthma or allergies, but this was the one they wanted. Not that I told them that was what it was called, but I just thought it was funny.



And here was Emery waiting patiently in the front pack. Such a cutie!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Aren't they cute. Hope you can fnd the bug and get rid of the sickness.