Sunday, January 29, 2012

Car Track

The other day we went upstairs and I promptly cleaned the floor and vacuumed. I decided that since the kids were already asking me what we could do that was fun (and it was only 8 am) that I would get out the masking tape and make a car track for them to play on. They liked it and we left it on the floor for three days. I think I originally saw this idea on Pinterest.

Our friends Jake and Andrew came over to play too. They had a lot of fun with this!

The whole thing....the part that went onto the couch was the airport and the buildings (squares) were the library, the post office and houses.



Maybe next week we will make a different car track! It was a lot of fun. And even better, the kids loved helping me clean up the tape and peel it off the floor. Nice.

5 comments:

lindsy said...

I love it! Why don't I have any masking tape?!

Carrie Selin said...

What a great mom you are. I loved that idea. Wish I had thought of it years ago. The best thing I ever did as a kid was make tunnels with books for hamsters to crawl through. BORING compared to your two-story Car Track.

Shirl and Bill said...

What a great idea!! Got them right there all rogether and know what they are doing.

Amanda & Garlan McCoy said...

That is an awesome idea! Love it.

Lindsay said...

That is a fantastic idea! Your two-story track rocks.