Sunday, January 19, 2014

7th Anniversary!


 While we were in AZ, we decided to celebrate our 7th anniversary by actually doing something!  We usually don't really celebrate our anniversary, so we figured we would ask my parents to watch the kids so we could go on our "getaway".  We went to Scottsdale and spent two nights at a hotel (thanks to some awesome friends for letting us use their hotel points!!!).  It was so different to be able to get in the car and not have a plan and not have to worry about hungry kids or bathroom breaks.  ha ha.  It was nice, but the whole time we were away, we were thinking about the kids!  :)

We went to see the new Hunger Games movie and it was so good.  We couldn't stop telling each other how good it was.  I loved it.  The next day we got to have the "mystery box" experience which was probably my favorite part of our getaway.  Can't wait to do it again someday!

We also went on a shopping spree that we have been waiting and saving up for all year long.  Rob pretty much needed a whole new work wardrobe and new shoes.  So we got that done too.  It was tons of fun to spend time just the two of us, but we were really excited to see the kids when we got back!




 This was while we were out shopping.  We were so tired, but I thought these palm trees were pretty.

 Here I am with the mystery box about to start our adventure.

When we pulled up at this intersection I was pretty sure I knew where we were going...Butterfly Wonderland!  It is a place that is pretty much in the middle of nowhere so I was wondering where we would end up.

First we went in and got to watch a cool 3-D movie about butterflies.  It was very interesting and I learned a lot.  And the 3-D part was awesome.  It looked like the butterflies were flying right in front of your face!

Then we got to go out to walk around an enclosed area where the butterflies lived and flew around and landed on you.  I only had 2 butterflies land on me and none of them landed on Rob.  but there were some people that I walked past who had five or six butterflies all over them!  It was crazy!  And it was funny because I thought mostly kids would be scared of them, but I heard two moms scream when a butterfly flew past them.  ha ha ha


I really loved the bright blue butterflies, but I didn't get a good picture of them...but this one is really pretty too.

 Someone offered to take our picture...if you look closely, there is a butterfly sitting right on the edge of the bench next to me.  

 Our hotel was awesome.  When we got there we were surprised to find a full sized fridge, a sink and a dishwasher, a table to eat meals at, washer and dryer, and a cute little towel dog on our bed.  :)  We were pretty much afraid to use anything fearing it would show up on our bill at the end.  But when Rob checked out, he said the guy who worked there checked over our bill and said "Oh...wow, I guess you are good to go.  you don't have any extra charges" as if that is a very rare occurrence.  Yes, we like to be cheap.  :)
Thanks to my parent who watched our kids for two nights!  The kids were actually pretty sick while we were gone so I felt pretty bad about leaving them with my parents, but the kids had a great time.  I am so glad that I married Rob seven years ago.  I sure got lucky!

No comments: